Monday, October 28, 2013

Hey y'all! 

I'M IN GEORGIA!!! AHHHH THIS IS REAL LIFEEEE!! As the plane was flying over Georgia and just about to land, there were sooo many more trees than I remembered. It is so green!! It almost reminds me of Ensign Ranch except instead of small cabins there are huge Southern homes fully equipped with a front porch and a wrap around white pickett fence. I don't know if you got my letter that I sent from the mission home the first day I was in Georgia but my first area is Suwanee which is about 30 min Northwest of Lilburn where the mission home is. Yes, there is a song about the Suwanee river. I kept mixing up the name and told people that I was going to Swagee. Haha. My trainer is Sister George, she has been out 3 months, and she is from Idaho Falls. We are actually almost too much alike. People say we look like Sisters, we are both turning 21 in the next few months and we both went to Utah State! President Wolfert told me I got the best area to start out in and everyone here tells me that I will always hold a place in my heart for my "greenie" area. Are they right, dad? 

Almost every ward in the mission has a set of sisters and a set of elders. "Our elders" are Elder Roman and Elder Howell and Elder Howell is our district leader. They brought us shakes on my first day in Suwanee and carried my stuff up to my room. Immediately best friends. I didn't notice when I was purchasing my bike that it has butterflies all over it... yeah I probably have a 12 year old's bike. Nbd. At least I'm not riding it for the next 3 months that I am in Suwanee because we have a car! I guess unless we run out of miles but Sis George said she has been here 3 months and she hasn't taken her bike even once... Our mission rule is that if the whole mission gets 40 baptisms total, the missionaries that got baptisms in the month get to go to the temple! This coming Saturday though, we get to all drive down to Atlanta because Elder Oakes is coming to speak to our mission and the Atlanta mission! Cool huh? I'm way stoked for it. In our ward, there is actually a lot of people from Utah and Idaho. We went to the Rodriguez Family's house for dinner the other night and Brother Rodriguez is from Utah and he served his mission in Spain. He is dad's age too so you probably served together! Everyone wants to feed us. Our first night, we had 2 dinners, I doubt I will have the same figure when I get home. 

Yes mom, I am eating well and getting taken care of. I already have a designated mission mamma and mission grandma. Mama Watkins has been a member for 3 years and I absolutely adore her. She is hilarious and feeds us dinner whenever we don't have a dinner. Grandma Fullwood has also been a member for 3 years and she is just solid. It seems like she has been a member all her life. She is a nurse and always calls us and asks us how we are doing. No offense but the people here in Georgia make the people of Washington seem mean. I get more hugs than handshakes, it really is the truth that all they wanna do here is just "hug yo neck." We will be tracting and we will have nice long conversations with little old ladies and whenever we offer them service, they want a big ol' squeeze. The people are just adorable! OH HOW I LOVE TRACTING TOO. Yeah, most of the time people will politely decline or slam the door in our faces once we mention the Book of Mormon goes hand in hand with the Bible, but I just love it! I love meeting new people, especially when they are willing to just stand and talk with you for a few minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment